Round the Clock Care
Nalam Hospital provides round the clock medical and surgical care with state of art equipment and a highly motivated health care team. The hospital's ambience provides a serene and tranquil atmosphere for rapid recovery of the patients.
The Intensive care is equipped with Continuous Oxygen, Multi-Para Monitors, Defibrillators, Pulse Oximeters, Cardiac Monitors, ECG Machines, Volumetric infusion Pump, Ventilator (LP6), ECHO Machine and manned around the clock by ICU trained staffs
Nalam Hospital is equipped with twin operation theatre complex with state of art equipment to handle all major and minor surgical procedures. The theatre complex practices strict aseptic precautions and monitoring systems to combat hospital borne nosocomial infections.
Diabetes Foot Care Center
India has the dubious distinction of being the world leader in the prevalence of diabetes mellitus. Amputation is a dreaded complication of diabetes. Every 30 seconds someone somewhere in the world is losing a limb because of diabetes and 85% of these amputations are preventable With a desirous goal of creating an amputation free diabetic population, Nalam Hospital has a modern Diabetes Foot Care Center which is equipped with
- Vascular Doppler To detect blood flow disorders in arteries and veins
- Biothesiometer To identify loss of the protective vibration sense in limbs, which could be a prelude to foot ulcers
- Ansiscope To detect autonomic neuropathy
- Podoscan An instrument that helps in detecting abnormal pressure points in the foot beneath which ulcers can occur and thereby helps in designing pressure offloading footwear
- Monofilaments Helps in detecting loss of protective touch sensation in foot at the earliest.
- Pedinova A modern equipment that provides safe and painless podiatric care for diabetic patients.
The center is manned by highly trained and motivated staff with meticulous attention to asepsis to prevent cross infections
Nalam Clinical Biochemistry department under External Quality Control by Department of Biochemistry, Christian Mission Hospital, Vellore is equipped with Biosystem fully Automated Biochemical Analyzer, Maglumi chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) analyzer, Mindray 4 part Automated Cell Counter, Secomam Semi Auto Analyzer, Siemens Elisa Reader, Electrolyte Analyzer, Automated Centrifuge, Binocular Microscope, Autoclave, Hot Air Sterilizer, Biorad HbA1c Analyzer
Qualified laboratory personnel of the department undergo regular medical update programs to keep abreast of the latest development in the field of laboratory medicine
The microbiology department of the hospital under External Quality Control by Department of Haematology, AIIMS, New Delhi is equipped with Laminar Airflow, Anaerobic culture facility, Olympus Binocular microscope to take care of the culture and antibiotic sensitivity assay of pus, urine, blood and other body fluids.
Nutrition & Dietetics
Nutrition & Dietetics being the cornerstone for management of diabetes and other metabolic disorders, experienced dieticians review the patient's dietary pattern and lifestyle modifications regularly to achieve the target HbA1c.
The Radiology department is equipped with...
- GE Logiq Pro 3 for Ultrasound, Doppler study of arteries / veins, Echocardiogram
- ICR Chrome Digital Xray
Telemedicine / Nalam Connect
Nalam Connect, a first time of its kind telemedicine center for diabetes, was thrown open to public by Nalam Trust at Aundipatty, a small town at a distance of about 16kms from Theni on the 07th September 2011.
Diabetes mellitus the greatest masquerader of all diseases has its major impact on health due to its complications. The major reasons for complications are delay in diagnosis and lack of regular follow up.
Delay in diagnosis happens because of inadequate facilities to diagnose, ignorance and fear of diagnosis
Lack of regular follow up happens because of prolonged waiting period in diabetes centers, loss of time & money spent on travel to the diabetes centers, lack of awareness on the importance of blood sugar control and false beliefs in alternative therapies for diabetes 'cure'
Nalam Connect tries to address the above two major issues in diabetes management by way of its
- Hi-tech facility for primary diabetes care at your door step
- Regular awareness programs and diabetes screening camps
- Decreased waiting period
- Time and money saved in travel to diabetic facilities
Nalam Connect comprises
- A state-of-art audiovisual system for online consultation on diabetes
- Broadband connectivity for seamless data transfer between base hospital and telemedicine center
- Digitization of laboratory reports, ECG report and prescriptions.
- Pharmacy with centralized purchase
- A well equipped clinical laboratory for basic biochemistry and hematology assays.
- Nursing station equipped with autoclave, sterilizer and basic surgical instruments for primary care in diabetes like injections, sterile wound dressing and first-aid treatment
Nalam Connect is manned by
- Computer Technician
- Laboratory Technician
Nalam Connect's motto is 'Specialized diabetes care at your doorstep'
Nalam Physiotherapy department manned by an experienced physiotherapist is equipped with latest equipment like Motorized traction apparatus, IFT, ultrasonic therapy, wax bath. The physiotherapy department takes care of patients with osteoarthritis, periarthritis shoulder, diabetic hand syndrome, post stroke patient and also helps In post-surgical mobilization
Nalam hospital uses the service of more than 2 private ambulance operators to receive emergency cases from distance places and to shift cases for specialized care in case of necessity